Garwyn Oaks Northwest Housing Resource Center helps families who are at risk of foreclosure and provides
information on how to avoid the type of loans and practices that lead to trouble. If you are having trouble paying your mortgage for any reason or expect problems, contact GO Northwest Housing Resource Center a non-profit, HUD-certified housing counseling agency to help find solutions now. This service is available to anyone in the State of Maryland. All services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL.
Steps to avoid foreclosure
- Call Garwyn Oaks Northwest HRC 410.947.0084 x101
- Schedule a one-on-one counseling session with one of our highly trained counselors to review your finances, send your paperwork to the lender and negotiate for the best program possible.
- Call your servicer once per week to find out if they have all of the paperwork. If they need more items, fax them to the servicer and your counselor.
DON’T ignore your situation
DON’T leave your home
DON’T pay anyone for assistance.
What to bring to a mortgage delinquency one-on-one counseling session:YOU WILL BRING A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- We will need to review your credit report:
- OPTION #1: Bring $20.00(single person) or $30.00(couple/joint) EXACT CHANGE/CASH ONLY to counseling session for tri-merge credit report, paper, and ink costs. No checks and no credit cards will be accepted.
- OPTION #2: Obtain credit report from loan officer
- Last month's pay stubs
- Last three months of bank statements (checking and savings) ALL ACCOUNTS/ALL PAGES
- W-2 Forms for last 2 years
- Tax return for last year (if you are self-employed)
- Proof of any additional income (SSI, disability, rent, child support, etc.)
- OPTIONAL: If you are working with a lender than bring Good Faith Estimate and Truth in Lending
Please note the following:
- If you do not have the items stated above, you will not be seen for your counseling session and you will have to be rescheduled.
- Please bring copies of the requested items.