During this workshop you will learn all you need to know before deciding to buy a house and find out about programs that offer financial assistance in purchasing your dream home! Home ownership has great benefits. Join us for our workshop and find out what they are!
*Note* GO Northwest Housing Resource Center began charging $50 for Home-buying workshops, in September. The price is all inclusive, covering your workshop materials, follow up one-on-one counseling session, pulling credit report, lunch, and certificate( for purchasing in the Baltimore City).
RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY!
Our class will cover the following information:
- Each step of the home-buying process
- Avoiding Predatory Lending and Foreclosure
- Identifying Fair Housing Issues
- The four “C’s” of homeownership: Credit, Compensation, Capital, and Collateral
- Building Credit
- Saving Money and Creating a Budget
- How to qualify for a mortgage
- How to choose a lender and a real estate agent
- How to shop for a home
- Home inspections/ Appraisals
- Insurances for home owners
- Maintaining the Home
- Loan program-FDA, MMP, VA, Fanniemae, and Freddiemac
- Grant and down-payment assistance programs
The day of the workshop, we schedule you for a follow up individual counseling session within 30 days of the workshop date.
You must attend the Homebuying workshop AND the follow up one-on-one counseling session, to be eligible for certificate ( for home purchase in Baltimore City).
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FOR YOUR ONE-ON-ONE COUNSELING SESSION:
- Last month’s pay stubs
- Last three months of bank statements (checking and savings) ALL ACCOUNTS/ALL PAGES
- W-2 Forms for last 2 years
- Tax return for last year (if you are self-employed)
- Proof of any additional income (SSI, disability, rent, child support, etc.)
- OPTIONAL: If you are working with a lender than bring Good Faith Estimate and Truth in Lending
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
If you do not have the items stated above, you will not be seen for your counseling session and you will have to be rescheduled.
**Please bring copies of the requested items.**
Clients transferring from another Housing Counseling Agency in Baltimore City who would like to have their one-on-one counseling session completed at GO Northwest HRC will pay:
$20 for credit report( or bring one from lender to session)
$25 for the counseling session
Total fee: $45 ($25 with your own report)
$30 for credit report (or bring one from lender to session)
$30 for counseling session
Total fee: $60 ($30 with your own report)
Clients who wish to transfer from an agency outside of Baltimore City will need to take BOTH our monthly workshop and one-on-one counseling session.
Workshop is $50 per person.